Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Eggplant and Feta Dip


Ok, honestly, this is easily one of my new favorite dips...well second to Megan's buffalo wing dip. Ok, this is my new "on the healthier side" dip. haha. I modified the recipe from delish.com...I tend to always not add as much olive oil as the recipe asks...I mean, I hate to say it but olive oil really doesn't have that much flavor to me; by adding less, I feel like there's more flavor in the dish. ALSO, who knew eggplants were soo mushy! I went to the store to buy one and thought they were all rotten because they were so squishy! Anyway, I'll stop ranting.

Ingredients:
1 medium eggplant
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons diced up shallots
1 jalapeno seeded and diced
1 tablespoon parsley
1 tablespoon cilantro
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of pepper
1 pinch of cayenne pepper

Instructions:
  1. Preheat the oven to broil.
  2. Cut eggplant in half and place face down on a cookie sheet. (Pam or butter the cookie sheet or else the eggplant will stick)
  3. Put in broiler for about 10 minutes.
  4. Take out and let cool.
  5. Spoon the insides out of the eggplant into a bowl.
  6. Add lemon juice to prevent discoloring.
  7. Add oil, feta, shallots, jalapeno, parsley, cilantro, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
  8. Blend. (or else dip will be stringy)
  9. Serve with chips!

I actually think I might make more of this tonight just because I'm so addicted to it! Here are the nutrition facts...so I'm not sure how to make it more visible without making blurry, but I figured out you can press on the picture and get it in full size. I did one serving size, even though this is easily 3 or 4.
div>

No comments:

Post a Comment