Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cod over sauteed Cabbage and rice


My last post on cod and I made it a good one! I don't know what's going on with this camera..If I use flash, it's wayyy too bright and if I don't use flash, it's too dark. Hmmmm, anyway, I think this dish is making it's way to the top of my list. It's so simple, but has a lot of flavor. It's basically white rice, some sauteed cabbage with this soy sauce mixture, and pan-fried cod! The cod was super easy. I just sprinkled it with salt and pepper, then put it on the pan with some oil for 3 minutes per side.

Ingredients:
2 cups sliced cabbage
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
2 cloves of garlic
cooked cod
cooked rice

Instructions:
  1. Put cut up garlic in a pan with some oil.
  2. Add cabbage, let saute.
  3. In a separate little bowl, put soy sauce and sugar together. If sugar does not dissolve, you may need to heat it up a little bit.
  4. Add half of the soy sauce mixture into the cabbage.
  5. After cabbage is cooked, put on top of rice.
  6. Add fish, then add the rest of the sauce.
  7. Serve!

What's next?!?


1 comment:

  1. Great blog Christine! I'll have to try out some of these recipes...

    ReplyDelete